Winter Field Day
The Utah Valley Amateur Radio Club will be participating in Winter Field Day again this January, 2018!
We will be setting up the stations inside of WARM RV’s/Campers (as many as we can get) this time, and will be operating as an “Indoor” classification. (Not the Home or Outside classification).
Winter Field Day is a 24 hour long contest that starts Saturday January 27th at Noon until Sunday January 28th at Noon. (we don’t get to pick the dates and times)
We will be going to the Lindon Marina again, like last year. They have restrooms (out houses – cold – burrrr) that should be open for our use.
This is a paid facility, so we will be keeping a ledger, whether you are there for one day or both days, so we can true up with the owners of the marina at the end of the event. The UVARC will be covering the costs, so when you get there, let them know that you are with the Utah Valley Amateur Radio Club.
We are asking all participants to review the rules ahead of time here: https://
Also, whether you are planning to or not, I would greatly appreciate as many members filling out this questionnaire: https://goo.gl/forms/
You can RSVP to the Event on Facebook here: https://www.facebook.com/events/139599596705589/
Here is a detailed MAP of the location here regarding the location of the stations here (Google Map).
What You Will Need
- To provide and arrange your own meals
- To bring/provide your own water/beverages
- Wear WARM clothes. It will literally be freezing outside. Plan on wearing snow clothes.
- A headlamp or flashlight – we dont have much sunlight during Winter Time.
- A place to sleep if you are staying overnight. Try to find an make arrangements in a warm camper/RV if you can ahead of time. Some people like to return to home for the night. Some will sleep in their car/truck/van, and others will just not sleep at all. IF you are in one of the RVs with the radios, remember that there will be noisy generators for power, and people talking on the radios all night long!
Hope to see you there!